Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 11, 2010

Book Review: The Oracle of Dating by Allison van Diepen

The Oracle of Dating by Allison van Diepen
The Oracle of Dating
Author: Allison van Diepen
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: May 1st, 2010
Age: Young Adult
No one at Kayla’s school knows she’s the famous Oracle of Dating—the anonymous queen of dating advice, given through her own Web site. Kayla doesn’t even have a boyfriend. Two relationship disasters were enough to make her focus on everyone else’s love life. But then her advice backfires on her own best friend. And Kayla starts to seriously obsess about Jared Stewart—the very cute, very mysterious new guy in school. Suddenly, the teen queen of advice needs her own oracle of dating--and she knows just where to find one...
I loved The Oracle of Dating. I thought is was middle grade because of the cover, but its actually young-adult.

I read it very quickly. Kayla is a great girl, very real and sweet to listen. She could be my best friend. She is funny, honest, girly, intelligent and cool, and behaves exactly as I did when I was her age.

Kayla's blog is excellent. She loves to blog, its practically her life. And her advices are very useful, for all ages, and everyone can learn from them.

Jared is the cute boy. He is cool, mysterious, and respect girls. The romance between them its very innocent and develops slowly, and they are a great couple. But I felt as if they wouldn't last together because he is a senior.

Her friends are also very cool. Not the kind of friends you wish the protagonist didn't have, but funny, not-bothering, not-stupid, real friends. I wish I had friends like that when I was a teenager!

I really liked the writing. It was easy to read, light, and I couldn't stop until I finished. I laughed a lot, and in the end, I wanted to read more. Obviously I will read the next one, The Oracle of Rebounds (November 01, 2010), to see what happens between Kayla and Jared..

Funny, cute and very girly light read. Excellent choice if you like Chick-Lit.


No comments:

Post a Comment