Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday # 79 - Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick: Pizza, Love and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams

Can a spot on a teen reality show really lead to a scholarship at an elite cooking school AND a summer romance?
Sixteen-year-old Sophie Nicolaides was practically raised in the kitchen of her family’s Italian-Greek restaurant, Taverna Ristorante. When her best friend, Alex, tries to convince her to audition for a new reality show, Teen Test Kitchen, Sophie is reluctant. But the prize includes a full scholarship to one of America's finest culinary schools and a summer in Napa, California, not to mention fame.
Once on-set, Sophie immediately finds herself in the thick of the drama—including a secret burn book, cutthroat celebrity judges, and a very cute French chef. Sophie must figure out a way to survive all the heat and still stay true to herself. A terrific YA offering--fresh, fun, and sprinkled with romance.
August 21st 2012 by Henry Holt and Co.

7 comments:

  1. this looks soo cute!! I like the cover!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I saw this on Goodreads last night and I think it's cute! :) I'd like another contemp on my wishlist. I'm adding this. Great pick, Gaby!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this adorable cover. Sounds fun and like a book I will most certainly enjoy.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't heard of this one before. sounds like a fun read.

    check out our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pick!!!! I haven't heard of it before but it looks like a great book! Love the cover and premise :)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cute! I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR pile.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete