Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April 24, 2017

Review: I Am Here Now: Field Notes for a Curious and Creative Mind by The Mindfulness Project

I Am Here Now: Field Notes for a Curious and Creative Mind by The Mindfulness Project

I Am Here Now: Field Notes for a Curious and Creative Mind
by The Mindfulness Project
Mindfulness is the simple and powerful practice of training your attention. It's simple in that it's just about paying attention to what's happening here and now, and powerful because it can keep you from getting lost in thoughts about the future or past, which often generate more stress on top of the real pressures of everyday life.

While learning to live in the moment, the joyful mindfulness exercises, meditations, coloring pages, and habit-breakers in this beautifully designed and illustrated book will challenge your powers of observation, investigation, and cultivation while bringing new awareness to your senses, thoughts, and emotions.

I Am Here Now inspires readers to explore the world with greater curiosity and find moments of mindfulness in everyday life, while unleashing your creativity along the way.
I have the spanish edition of this little journal, and when I bought it I didn't know what was 'Mindfulness'. What I understand, it's the action of paying attention to now, so you won't get lost in thoughts about your past or future, worries, etc, that makes your life more stressful.

It's not a journal you are going to finish in a day, although you could. I like to do an activity per day, sometimes I did a few, some days I did nothing. Some of the activities were very simple, others I needed more time. But you will need a pen or pencil and some colors to make it more fun.


I Am Here Now: Field Notes for a Curious and Creative Mind

It's a very personal journal. I recommend doing the activities when you are alone, for me it was better to concentrate. I usually keep it on my nightstand, that way it was easier to not forget to do it.




Overall, I recommend it if you want to take a break from life worries for a couple of minutes. I wasn't used to this kind of activities, but I think it was good for me. I still have a few pages to finish, but I think it's a journal you can keep forever and repeat the activities whenever you need.

I Am Here Now: Field Notes for a Curious and Creative Mind

5 comments:

  1. I am glad this could help ease your worries for some time and that you were able to enjoy filling out the book so much. It's nice to savour it, do it over a few days instead of all in one go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I didn't thought I would like it but it does help.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you found the journal to be enjoyable and interesting to fill out. I think I'd do a few at at time as well. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this! Purchased two for my partner and I to do together. We are big fans of the Page a Day books and writing prompts books. this fits into our collection perfectly.

    ReplyDelete